Barber Shops and Salons Safety Supplies
COVID-19 Employer Information for Beauty Salons and Barbershops
As a beauty salon or barbershop employer, your workforce might be exposed to the virus when:
- In close contact (within less than 6 feet) with other people at the worksite, which can include clients, coworkers, vendors, maintenance workers, cleaning workers, contracted licensees, visitors, and delivery drivers.
- Providing services to clients.
- Touching or handling frequently touched objects or surfaces, such as cash, merchandise and equipment, and then touching their face, mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Use visual cues such as floor decals, colored tape, and signs to remind workers to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others, including at their workstation and in break areas.
- Consider these cues for clients as well, such as at the entrance and checkout line.
- Place handwashing stations or hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol in multiple locations throughout the workplace for workers and clients.
- Use touch-free stations where possible.
- Make sure restrooms are well stocked with soap and a way for people to dry hands.